New Feature to Post Images

One time or recurring custom messages.

Moderator: Joey

New Feature to Post Images

Postby grm » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:32 pm

LOVE the updated features on post messages to select an image to use with Facebook. Unfortunately, I'm finding that the page images are not always shown; I'm getting up to 42 images on the page to select, but they're not all showing.

When I look at the page source, I see the image is being used from another source. If the image is not on MY page, then I can't use it? In this case, I'm using an image from the direct sales site that is displayed on my page - I'm an independent consultant for them.
grm

Re: New Feature to Post Images

Postby Andy » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. There are some issues we have seen with grabbing images from certain sources, etc.

Can you provide the URL you are putting in? If you prefer, you can email it to support@squareberry.com

We can take a look at it.
Andy
Squareberry Team
Andy

Postby grm » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks - I sent 2 examples for 2 different fanpages today.
grm

Postby grm » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:08 pm

Any word on when this fix will be made? We're entering our posts for this week and are SERIOUSLY impacted by this. Our fans want to see the product we're referring them to and will not be attracted without the image.

How about the ability to upload our own image?
grm

Postby Andy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Hello,

We are still working on the fix. Will update you as soon as I can.

And, yes, we are exploring the ability to upload an image with a link that you want to post.
Andy
Squareberry Team
Andy

Postby grm » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Excellent! Thanks so much.
grm

Postby sparkingconnections » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Once in a dozen tries, I was able to attach an image (jpg, I think) to a Planned Facebook Message. But it hasn't worked since. Is this something that should be working? I tried again just now and when I click "Attach," nothing happens. So frustrating because without the image showing up, the post has much less impact.
sparkingconnections

Postby Andy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:57 am

Hello,

SparklingConnections: Are you trying to attach an image or attach a link to a Facebook post? These are two separate things. I want to make sure we are talking about the same thing as previously on this thread we were discussing Link Attachments.
Andy
Squareberry Team
Andy

Postby sparkingconnections » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:55 am

Hi Andy -

I haven't had any problems attaching links and only once or twice did the image thing not work. No complaints. I'm trying to attach an image (far right paperclip). I've tried in Safari, IE and Firefox. I browse and select just fine, but zero happens when I click "Attach." The one time it did work, I can't remember what happened when I clicked "Attach," but I think it returned me to the previous screen. I remember seeing a green checkmark over the paperclip.

Does that help? I couldn't find anything other thread that was dealing with images and scheduled messages, so I thought this would be a good place. Feel free to move to whatever thread you'd like. ;-)

Jody
sparkingconnections

Postby Andy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:56 pm

Hi Jody,

Would you mind sending the image file to support@squareberry.com? That way I can test with one of your images to truly replicate the situation.

Yes, it should add the green checkmark to the paperclip button.
Andy
Squareberry Team
Andy

Next

Return to Scheduled Mesages