Scheduled messages not working?

One time or recurring custom messages.

Moderator: Joey

Scheduled messages not working?

Postby hacuden » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:42 pm

Not posting on FB or twitter on scheduled dates. Anyone experience this or just me?
hacuden

Re: Scheduled messages not working?

Postby Ryan » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:24 pm

Hello,

Can you please test to make sure that sending to your social networks is working fine? Test this by sending an Instant Social Message (far left button on menu). This will simply test that your social accounts are connected properly.

We are looking into scheduled messages feature as there have been some reports of issues when scheduling messages in the very near future - meaning 5 or 10 min from the current time. Were the messages you scheduled in the near future like this?

Thank you.
Ryan Andrews
Squareberry Team
Ryan
Site Admin

Postby hacuden » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Thanks for reply. Instant messages work perfectly fine for me. My first scheduled messages were 1 & 2 days, passed & didn't work. Also then tested to schedule for 1 hr still no go.
hacuden

Postby Ryan » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Hello,

Have you tried scheduling one in the past 10 hours or so. We recently located a bug and implemented a fix. Please let me know if you are still seeing an issue.

If you are still having an issue, email me the name of the Account this is happening on. My email is ryan@squareberry.com.
Ryan Andrews
Squareberry Team
Ryan
Site Admin

Postby hacuden » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:49 am

Ok, tested yesterday and it posted. However, Do I put the url I want to send in the Shorten URL box? Because it didn't send my link when I put it there.
hacuden

Postby Ryan » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:51 am

Hello,

The URL Shortener simply shortens the URL when you click "Shorten URL". You still need to add the shortened URL into your message.
Ryan Andrews
Squareberry Team
Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Fabio » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:47 am

I started experimenting with my account. The planner/message feature is also not working for me. I did use the instant message feature and the events feature and both seem to work fine.

I did set the time to only 5 minutes ahead--so it most likely is that bug to which you refer.
Fabio

Postby grm » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:30 pm

My messages did not go out this morning, but I see there is a time difference. I'm on Pacific time and the time shown on my dashboard is 3 hours behind. I went to settings and can't figure this out.
grm

Postby Ryan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:41 pm

Sounds like your account is set to the wrong timezone. The timezone was selected when you created your account, but you can change it at Settings > Account Settings. On the Account Settings page you can change your timezone.
Ryan Andrews
Squareberry Team
Ryan
Site Admin

Postby grm » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:56 pm

Duh - had to click on the button - thought it was just a heading for the section. I think Squareberry is too simple and easy to use for my technical brain - we make the worst users!! :roll:
grm

Next

Return to Scheduled Mesages